Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Design and build a special custom CNC.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Design and build a special custom CNC.....

    Here are some photos from a recent design and build of a custom CNC machining center.......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V-fNCg0J8Q
    Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

  • #2
    Wow, that is impressive!

    Comment


    • #3
      That is no amateur build: that's a full on industrial machine. What a project!

      Comment


      • #4
        Thank you guys!
        Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

        Comment


        • #5
          I see from the video that the machine is already in production. Was that a torso being carved out of foam? Is it to be a form for fitting an ortotic?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
            I see from the video that the machine is already in production. Was that a torso being carved out of foam? Is it to be a form for fitting an ortotic?
            Exactly! It's a special polyurethane foam as hard as plastic for orthotic spine braces! Now i'm into a design process for a 5 axis CNC milling center for machining up to non ferrous metals.......
            Last edited by Vassili Finellis; 09-30-2020, 03:43 PM.
            Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

            Comment


            • #7
              Which, of course, begs the question, what are you using to get the patient's torso form in the 1st place?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
                Which, of course, begs the question, what are you using to get the patient's torso form in the 1st place?
                A 3D laser scanner....
                Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  You have your own laser scanner... neat

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm certainly impressed. I wish I lived somewhere where I could think about running a CNC machine. I have always wanted to do bas relief doors.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
                      You have your own laser scanner... neat
                      I own 3 at the moment!

                      Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by roon4660 View Post
                        I'm certainly impressed. I wish I lived somewhere where I could think about running a CNC machine. I have always wanted to do bas relief doors.
                        The best sound ever when it mills hard metals!
                        Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          How many people do you have working for you?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
                            How many people do you have working for you?
                            ..... just me, myself and i!
                            Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That was you overseeing the milling machine?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X