A door stopper replacment. (Useful print of the week :D )

This house was build in the mid 70th and so where the door stoppers used all over the place. Most rooms have them behind the door, where they are usually invisible.

However, some are wall mounted and visible like the one I used as an example. They never looked nice with their grey color. Yes, the ugliness of color was intentional.

The real issue is the lost of flex. All the used plasticizers evaporated within the 45 years leaving a rock hard rubber which starts to crack and break.

So I sat down, grab the one looking the best and since I like the overall design, I made a replica to be 3D printed.

The model is 100% parametric and can be edited using FreeCAD 0.19. It also shows a nice example on how to use only one sketch to pocket a screw hole and the screw head pocket. :smiley:

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Klicke auf die Grafik f\u00fcr eine vergr\u00f6\u00dferte Ansicht Name: DoorStopper_4.jpg Ansichten: 0 Gr\u00f6\u00dfe: 288,2 KB ID: 9160”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“9160”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Klicke auf die Grafik f\u00fcr eine vergr\u00f6\u00dferte Ansicht Name: DoorStopper_7.jpg Ansichten: 0 Gr\u00f6\u00dfe: 254,9 KB ID: 9161”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“9161”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH]

Nice. I love practical prints.

So what filament will you use?

I can’t help thinking that TPU would be ideal.

Yeah, it is white TPU. 7% infill. Different number of vertical walls to get a variation in softness. 3 walls for the wall mounted version and 2 walls for the floor mounted edition as doors come with more force than a stair case gate and need more flex.

I have a roll of PETG and a roll of TPU that have never been open yet. And they won’t be until I do some work on my computer. Perhaps one of these days my brain will let me concentrate again so I can do it.