Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Man Head Bank

I printed a money box for my son.
    Took 21 hours and I made a time lapse. 0.2mm layer height, 5 walls 0% infill

https://youtu.be/K4JkBR224p0

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3069041

I always knew Iron Man was empty headed

Comment

Nice! Your son also might enjoy a Spring-Loaded Box!

Cheers

P.S. -- What post processing did you do on the G-Code? I haven't played around with that plugin much.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        Nice! Your son also might enjoy a Spring-Loaded Box!

Cheers

P.S. -- What post processing did you do on the G-Code? I haven't played around with that plugin much.
        I have that box in a collection to be printed
        so many things to print and it's always running something. My son's both have requests and I've been printing bigger stuff that takes longer lately.

I didnt edit the gcode, just using the cura 4.6.1 default. It just raises z and puts build plate forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximo101 View Post
          I didnt edit the gcode, just using the cura 4.6.1 default. It just raises z and puts build plate forward.
          I saw the red circle next to Preview on the Cura screen shot at 0:31 and thought it was the Modify G-Code post processor.

Now if my wife would only let me print overnight!

Cheers

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	955

Comment

Oh I did add a modifier. That just added Print time remaining on screen
            e.g. 20min left on my current 21hour Skyrim dragon skull - ill do a time lapse of that too

Comment

Ahh, I want to play music on my display, but alas the closed firmware on the Monoprice machine does not recognize those G-code.

What are you using to do the time-lapse? Octoprint?

Thanks!

Comment

Ahh, I want to play music on my display, but alas the closed firmware
                This reminds me, I think it would be a fantastic project to find a way to use old cell phones as the control screen for 3D printers. I realise cell phones don't have the drivers needed to control stepper motors, or the relays needed to provide enough power to the bed and hotend heaters. Still, I wonder if a very cheap circuit board with those elements, connected via USB, would be a good option for controlling 3D printers.

I don't enough knowledge of electronics to know how viable it might be, but I think it's intriguing, especially since almost everyone has old cell phones laying around the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
                  This reminds me, I think it would be a fantastic project to find a way to use old cell phones as the control screen for 3D printers.
                  I can run, control, and watch my printer remotely using OctoPrint on a Raspberry Pi and an app on my phone. Our host has a nice video with step-by-step instructions on setting it up. I think there are apps that will do all that over WiFi but there are shortcomings slicing on a phone. There are cloud services too.

Cheers

Comment

I do understand all that. I'm thinking of using old smart phones as LCD touchscreens for 3D printer. Why pay for a touchscreen panel when you have them already?

Comment

What are you using to do the time-lapse? Octoprint?
                      Thanks!
                      I am using an old smart phone, running Time lapse app
                      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...imelapsproject
                      Set the frame interval and a few settings and it does the recording and video.

I will look into setting up a raspberry pi with octoprint, haven't had time to research that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximo101 View Post
                        I am using an old smart phone, running Time lapse app ...

I will look into setting up a raspberry pi with octoprint, haven't had time to research that yet.
                        What a great idea! Repurposing old phone cameras ... Thanks!

Comment

What a great idea! Repurposing old phone cameras ... Thanks!
                          I also run IPWebCam app, so you turn your wifi connected old smart phone into a wireless IP Camera, (which you can run in the background of the Timelapse App) - this has been a bit touch and go running in the background, so ive mainly done one or the other lately, but working from home im checking on it often - when i go back to work in the office i may need to fix this)
                          I use TinyCam app to view it (which i already use to view my other security cameras).

Comment

Working...
                          X