Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first Design made with FreeCad 0.19 thanks to DrVax!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Design made with FreeCad 0.19 thanks to DrVax!

Hi everyone,
    thanks to a great tutorial from DrVax I succeeded in installing FreeCad 0.19 on my Mac with Os Big Sur after a long period of disappointment trying to install the program without the MiniConda installer.
    And after having watched a couple of YouTube tutorials as well I dived into the software and designed my first gadget which I would like to share with anyone who might be interested.
    I started out with the design of a cable-holder used as an example in one of the videos.
    It took me quite some time to get it exactly the way it was like the one of DrVax because there are a lot of things you can do wrong along the way. 🙄
    The best way to learn for me I figured, is to start doing exactly what he did in the video. And when, after some time, I got a similar result I ventured in adapting it to my own idea of what I could make of it after experimenting with various tools in FreeCad 0.19.
    The result can be seen below and I hope you like it.

Many thanks to Irv and greetings from Holland: Rudy

Fooled me I thought it was a screwdriver holder, but couldn't figure out what the squiggles were for. The last picture explains it all, nice design.

Comment

Well done. You've taken a good design & improved on it. That's kinda what I often try to do.

Comment

Nice design, Cas56!

Comment

I need one of those. Maybe it will give me the impetus I need to get off my butt and fix my printer. I'm not sure though I'm getting pretty lazy. Actually I needed a break from printing all day and half the night,

Comment

Originally posted by Cas56 View Post
            It took me quite some time to get it exactly the way it was like the one of DrVax because there are a lot of things you can do wrong along the way. 🙄
            Yeah, for me this is the best way of learning, too. I learned programming back in the 80th that way and never stopped. For FreeCAD I followed the first three chapters of a tutorial back then and when I got the basics I started exploring. Every time I had a problem I could not solve I search YT for a tutorial where some similar stuff was used and learned it from there.

Nicely done.

Comment

Geit, that is, for sure, the modern way to gain knowledge, & it's so much faster than the old days.

Comment

If it were not for YT it would have been ludicrous for me to buy a 3d printer kit. I'm old and ugly but I have learned a lot of stuff from YT. I wonder where it was all of my active life. I could have used a Youtube.

Comment

Hi Roon,
                  😂 I know exactly what jou mean. If it wasn’t for my work at the university I probably would never have started with 3D printing. I’m turning 65 in less than a week! But after having mastered it (for a bit..) I have a lot of fun printing and learning from YT. It keeps my mind sharp and it’s a nice hobby after My retirement in a couple of months.😁
                  greetings from Holland: Rudy

Comment

Hi Rudy from Holland, my real name is Larry. I'm really anxious to see what the IDEX printers can do. Having two independent heads with different filaments and perhaps different nozzle temps gives a lot of possibility and they don't have massive purging blocks. I have a feeling that we can't even really conceive of the jump that will give to 3d printing. Here it is demonstrated on YT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6zZoF-hgL4. It's ending a Kickstarter now and it will be interesting to see what Ender5r and Irv get for their investment. I will bide my time and see what happens.

Comment

Looks awesome, I think I’ll stick to my Prusa i3MK3 for a while though, it was quite expensive when I bought it.
                      Who knows what’s on the market in a couple of years?

Comment

A few years ago I was watching the progress of this technology and it was very basic compared to what they have gleaned in the interim. When I could have an Ender 3 pro kit delivered to my door for $274 Canadian I just had to do it. That was a couple of years ago now. What we are doing with 3d technology now has just scratched the surface.

Comment

Love your modification to my design. Excellent improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by irvshapiro View Post
                            Love your modification to my design. Excellent improvement.
                            It is cool when someone uses your ideas & takes them even further.

Comment

Working...
                            X