Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of more whimsical prints.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A couple of more whimsical prints.

    Just for giggles, I printed a couple of items I don't really need: a vase & an iris box.

    I printed the vase to test what I can do with wood filament, and the iris box just to see if I could print it & have it work. The vase came out OK, but not perfect, and the iris box took some work after printing to get it working, but I did get it to work.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3600.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	819.1 KB
ID:	5601 Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3599.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	753.0 KB
ID:	5598 Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3597.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	998.5 KB
ID:	5599 Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3598.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	984.3 KB
ID:	5600
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Nice prints!

    Which wood filament did you use, and would you pick it again?

    Comment


    • #3
      It's Sunlu Wood filament. I'm not sure I would order it again, at least not without trying another brand. I found it was quite prone to stringing. Now, I'm not saying I had it dialed in as much as it could have been, but I had some post processing to do.

      Comment


      • #4
        The iris boxes are impressive. I have always had trouble printing these without them sticking together. Never spent the time to fine-tune a printer sufficiently to make them perfect. I have been tempted to scale them up which will also scale up the clearances and make them easier to print.

        Comment


        • #5
          Irv, the 1 I printed is actually designed to be a little stuck togerther after printing. It needs to be worked loose. It took a bit, and 1 of the iris leaves actually came loose & I had to use a small jack knife to get it back into place but, in the end, it works.

          Comment


          • #6
            As mentioned before, I've been having good luck with overriding the Cura default to use inner wall(s) flow of 90% instead of 100%:

            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 9.28.31 AM.png
Views:	19
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	5931

            The iris box looked like a good challenge to see how that setting is doing, and it worked great:

            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6505.jpeg
Views:	16
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	5932

            Comment


            • #7
              Nice. It's not very useful of course, but it is interesting, & a good test print.

              Comment


              • #8
                I printed that once upon a time with mediocre success as I remember. I'm trying to print a bearing now. It didn't work at 100 % so I am trying 200 %.

                Comment

                Working...
                X