Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first lengthy print - Sonic at 9hours

Hi,
    I am very new to 3d printing. My ender 3 pro arrived a few days ago, printed the benchy pretty good in blue. Had some issues with the black (clogged the bowden tube), Both these prints seemed to fail at the 2.5 hour mark.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	253Click image for larger version

Name:	ender2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	254

after cleaning the end of the bowden tube seemed to be ok. Printed some things in blue without issues. I dont know if the black (same brand) caused the issue, or the longer print time.

I then printed this Sonic 75mm with Cura with Cheps Best profile setting - 9 hours.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuLNXPsjEOo

Since this I have worked on adjusting my retraction, and esteps. I need to calibrate flow rate and I think I might work on calibrating a bit more before trying longer prints.

Name:	s7.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	252​​

Name:	s3.jpg
ID:	251

Excellent start.

Comment

I have now printed 4 of these articulated sharks and 3 octopus, each took about 8-hours
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maximo101 View Post
        Hi,
        I am very new to 3d printing. My ender 3 pro arrived a few days ago, printed the benchy pretty good in blue. Had some issues with the black (clogged the bowden tube), Both these prints seemed to fail at the 2.5 hour mark.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	253Click image for larger version

Name:	ender2.jpg
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	254

after cleaning the end of the bowden tube seemed to be ok. Printed some things in blue without issues. I dont know if the black (same brand) caused the issue, or the longer print time.

I then printed this Sonic 75mm with Cura with Cheps Best profile setting - 9 hours.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuLNXPsjEOo

Since this I have worked on adjusting my retraction, and esteps. I need to calibrate flow rate and I think I might work on calibrating a bit more before trying longer prints.

Name:	s7.jpg
Views:	41
ID:	252​​

Name:	s3.jpg
ID:	251
        I've taken the approach of calibrating before trying to do anything serious. I've only made 2 non-test/calibration prints, of an owl. The 2 inch version printed quite well; the 6 inch version quit about a third of the way through.

Now, I'm all out of PLA (the 200g reel supplied with the printer) but I have 1 kg of red PETG, so I'm working on calibrating & creating profiles for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
          so I'm working on calibrating & creating profiles for that.
          Yer to be honest im probably a bit eager trying to print certain things without too much thought! I have a cool Dragon Skull off Skyrim I want to print in green as my first over 1 day print!

After printing the default Cat which came up almost perfect, i was pretty confident that the hardware was tuned ok, and been working on slicer settings. (I tried reading the gcode that came with the Cat profile, but its done in slicer and cant correlate some of the settings names with Cura)

But the whole process has been a great learning experience! The 3d Printer has been running almost 24-7 since receiving about a week and a half ago. Currently working from home so I can keep pressing start on the next print shortly after one is done.
          Another higher quality sonic (14 hour print) will be finished in an hour or so! Ill post an update later

Attached Files

Comment

14 Hour Sonic Print. Cheps Best cura profile settings with some tweaks.
            Still need to clean the support around the legs a bit.
            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

• Maximo101
                Maximo101 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks you!
            Working...
            X