My 3d Printing and Youtube Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 3d Printing and Youtube Area

Here is a picture of how I make my videos about 3d printing. For the prior 18 months I had been using a Lumix GH4 to produce all of my videos with Rode mics and professional lighting. Recently instead of spending thousands of dollars on a new Sony camera I decided to give my iPhone 12 Pro a try. Wow. Excellent video quality and by using the app FilmicPro I was able to record excellent sound from my Rode mics. Here is a picture:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1118.png
Views:	243
Size:	8.48 MB
ID:	172

The Rode boom mic is plugged directly into the iPhone and all recordings with sound are saved to the iPhone. Then I use AirDrop to move the video (which is gigs in size) to my iMac where I do all of the editing and post-processing in FinalCutPro X. Generally preparing for a video, and editing the video take much longer than shooting the video. I prepare a Google Slide deck for each video to keep me focused and use a Surface Go, my only Windows machine, to page through the slides while recording.

Very nice setup and enjoy your videos. You sure make it easy to learn!

Comment

• irvshapiro
      irvshapiro commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I think that is because I enjoy learning new things and teaching them to others that want to learn.

You're such a talented man mr. Shapiro! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

Comment

• irvshapiro
      irvshapiro commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. If we can all build a community together, of folks that want to do technical things, but also are willing to explain the technology to non-technical people we will help to create a community of "maker". In these times of Corona people with the skills to make things themselves have a built-in advantage. Order the parts online, delivered to your door, and build something.

Thanks for the help Irv, I look forward to learning all about 3D Printing

Comment

Working...
    X