Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with temp tower.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help with temp tower.

    I want to run a temp tower, but apparently you need to manually change the temp in the gcode? How do i do this?

  • #2
    Usually, you do this in the slicer. In Cura, for example, under Extensions>Post Processing>Modify G Code you can find a button labeled Add a script. In the list that pops up you can find a Change At Z script. Change the Trigger from Height to Layer. In the next box down, change the layer # of the 1st temp change. Further down, change Extruder 1 Temp to the new temp you want. Then, add the script again & repeat the process with the next layer # and temp.

    How do you find the layers? You use the vertical scroll bar at the right of the Preview window of Cura. Slice the top of the black bar up & down to locate the layer(s) where you want to change temperature.
    Last edited by Ender5r; 04-19-2021, 12:42 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      In Cura, the Calibration Shapes add-on makes it even easier to do a temp tower. Go to Marketplace, install the add-on, restart Cura, install the scripts from the "Part for Calibration" menu and restart again.

      Then, next time you want to do a temp tower, Extensions>Part for Calibration>Add a PLA tempTower(or PETG). Then, Extensions>Post Processing>Modify GCode>Add a script>TempFanTower. Change the temp intervals to your liking, slice, and print! No messing with preview view.

      There are a number of other calibration shapes and tests one can use with this extension/addon.

      Cheers

      Comment


      • #4
        Alan, Temp Fan Tower is not in the drop down list of scripts.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GoToSoMaLiA View Post
          Alan, Temp Fan Tower is not in the drop down list of scripts.
          Not sure what a Temp Fan Tower is. As Alan said, you can pick a PLA tower, or PETG. It's fine, but you only get the choice of the tower provided by the addon. If you want a different tower, the method I described will work.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Alan View Post
            In Cura, the Calibration Shapes add-on makes it even easier to do a temp tower. Go to Marketplace, install the add-on, restart Cura, install the scripts from the "Part for Calibration" menu and restart again.

            Then, next time you want to do a temp tower, Extensions>Part for Calibration>Add a PLA tempTower(or PETG). Then, Extensions>Post Processing>Modify GCode>Add a script>TempFanTower. Change the temp intervals to your liking, slice, and print! No messing with preview view.

            There are a number of other calibration shapes and tests one can use with this extension/addon.

            Cheers
            Extensions Post processing
            Modify G code
            Add a script
            ????

            Tempfantower is not an option.

            5er, im gonna do your way if this doesnt work out. Id like clarification from Alan

            Comment


            • #7
              Well that was easy, thanks ender5r!

              Comment


              • #8
                YW. It's always easier once you know the secret

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GoToSoMaLiA View Post

                  Extensions Post processing
                  Modify G code
                  Add a script
                  ????

                  Tempfantower is not an option.

                  5er, im gonna do your way if this doesnt work out. Id like clarification from Alan
                  Add the the extension, then the scripts using the new add-on. Sorry if I was unclear. Hopefully the screen captures below help.

                  Cheers


                  Adding new scripts to Cura (after adding the new Extension/addon to Cura):

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Part_for_calibration.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	37.3 KB ID:	9780


                  The new scripts appear in the "Modify GCode" extension/addon:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	TempTower.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	33.4 KB ID:	9781
                  Attached Files

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X