top + bottom layers too big

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top + bottom layers too big

Hello , I like Dr Vax videos very much and they are very helpfull. I have a question about Cura slicer in combination with my Ender 3v2. I have checked allover the internet to find the answer but untill now no solution. When I am printing a 20x20x20 cali-cube, I cannot get rid of the difference in sizes between the middlesections and the 5 bottom and 5 top layers . I used an advice to minimize some in the initial layer and that helps for the first layer . It is all very visible in the cube say elephant feet below and on top! . Also strange, the top layers are thicker then the rest of the cube. I have printed 0.15 layer and the top layers look like 0,2 mm . I hope anybody can give me an advice! Greetings Tom from the Netherlands living in France
    PS I have all the Esteps finetuned. they are spot on.

What are your temperature settings?

Comment

Elephant foot!! Try to decrease nozzle temperature by 5 degrees and bed temp by 10 degrees until you get good results.
    Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

Comment

• info@tomvos.net
      [email protected] commented
      Editing a comment
      I also suffer from elephant ears! That is the weird part!

• Ender5r
      Ender5r commented
      Editing a comment
      It must be awful having to listen in on everyone's private conversations

• info@tomvos.net
      [email protected] commented
      Editing a comment
      Too bad,
      they do not add any audability extra :-)

Vassili Finellis, I had the same thought, but how does that explain the layer expansion on the top layers?

Comment

Ender5r well, my first thought is about nozzle temperature stability. The higher the temperature, the more liquidity of the filament.
      Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

Comment

Working...
      X