Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete newbie - need help adjusting Ender 3 V2...please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ender5r
    replied
    This is a good example of how Open Source can excel.

Leave a comment:

• arniep
    replied
    Thanks Alan. That was a big help and now it is successfully working.

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    I do not have an Ender to test, but it looks like there is an OctoPrint plugin that fixes your problem. From the OctoPrint web interface, go to Settings --> Plugin Manager --> Get More ... --> Search for "Creality 2x temperature reporting fix" --> Install --> reboot.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Gramps
    replied
    I got the same report on my RPI too. As I remember I installed a plugin to take care of the problem. I don't remember having to run a BASH script from SSH, but I might be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• arniep
    replied
    Thanks Gramps. Hopefully, the new (old) screen will get here next week.
    In the meantime, I watched Dr. Vax's youtube video about installing Octoprint on a Rpi. I was able to do so and it seems to work, with one problem. There is apparently a bug in the E3V2 firmware in terms of how it reports temperature. It then sends you to the octoprint website where there is a link to a work-around. However, when I log into the octopi via SSH and try to run the workaround script, I get an error message that it cannot find a bash command to run the script. Do you know if there is a way to exit from bash when accessing the octopi via SSH? The scrip starts with the command "pip" which I understand is pertains to python, but is apparently being picked up by bash and bash does not know what to do with it, it seems.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Gramps
    replied
    Originally posted by arniep View Post
    BTW, I just noticed that Creality.com has a Marlin firmware upgrade for the E3 V2 dated March 25, 2021 on its download page now. It doesn't say whether you have to have the LCD firmware upgraded prior to installing this, like it says on the th3d Marlin upgrade page.
    I think with the stock v2 LCD you have to do the LCD firmware update each time you update the motherboard. I never had much luck with the Creality firmware other than what came on mine. I'm using Unified2 from TH3D and I like it works fine on my v2 with the 12864 screen. One thing to remember with TH3D's Unified2 firmware when you change the LCD to the 12864 you compile the firmware as if it's a Ender3 not and Ender3 v2

Leave a comment:

• arniep
    replied
    BTW, I just noticed that Creality.com has a Marlin firmware upgrade for the E3 V2 dated March 25, 2021 on its download page now. It doesn't say whether you have to have the LCD firmware upgraded prior to installing this, like it says on the th3d Marlin upgrade page.

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    replied
    It shouldn't really be a problem if the retraction is set correctly.

Leave a comment:

• arniep
    replied
    Thanks. I wasn't thinking of the cost as much as whether schmutz on the nozzle being a risk for stringing or even dislodging the print.

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    replied
    arniep, I find it's cheaper to replace nozzles every few months. They're only around 50 cents each.

Leave a comment:

• arniep
    replied
    Thanks Gramps. I did find that suggested on the th3d page with the Marlin upgrade directions. I ordered one yesterday. Seems like maybe Creality got ahead of its ability to keep up with firmware developments. SO, one step forward for the machine firmware and one step back for the LCD display.
    BTW, is it recommended to clean the nozzle between each use? If not, is there a recommended interval for that or just wait until it accumulates gunk?

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    replied
    Makes one wonder what Creality was thinking.....

Leave a comment:

• Gramps
    replied
    The LCD on the v2 doesn't play nice with Marlin it has it's own proprietary firmware on it. I changed mine to a 12864 LCD screen for an Ender 3 Pro not color and fancy but it works and you don't have to flash the firmware everytime you flash Marlin. It's like a $20 upgrade

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    replied
    A smaller card will also work. I can't imagine the LCD files use up more than 100Mb.

Leave a comment:

• arniep
    replied
    Thanks. I will see if I can find 4gb card....perhaps lurking in an older Raspberry Pi. Meanwhile, thanks for your levelling tips. I just printed a filament guide pulley and it came out great.
    I really appreciate all of your help here. I will report back on whether I can find a 4gb card and whether it will work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X