Bodgie looking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodgie looking

After 2 hours had a little support trouble, so I supported the supports with masking tap, a bit bodgie but worked fine, survived 4 hour's 👍

You probably need more heat. Sometimes I fix my brims with tape, too, but this looks like Art

Comment

• Skyler
      Skyler commented
      Editing a comment
      I could have found a new type off art, keep an eye out on some well known auction sites, I don't mean ebay, may be Christine's, 😀

What is a bodgie. What are you printing?

Comment

• Skyler
      Skyler commented
      Editing a comment
      Now I know what a bodge is called in the USA, yep it's a McGyver ING, I'm printing a demigor, thing, from the TV, stranger things, 👍

Originally posted by roon4660 View Post
    What is a bodgie. What are you printing?
    I suspect Mr. Skyler is British. Many brits love to bodge things. You can think of it as MacGyver'ing

Comment

Ha ha, yes Mr Skyler is from across the pond, right in the middle off the UK, yep it a McGyver ING, I've never heard that before, you can't beat a good bodge 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Skyler View Post
        Ha ha, yes Mr Skyler is from across the pond, right in the middle off the UK, yep it a McGyver ING, I've never heard that before, you can't beat a good bodge 😀
        I said "MacGyvering" because it's something almost every North American can relate to.

Comment

• Skyler
          Skyler commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that just north America, or all off the US, I can't imagine what the Scottish would call it and as for the Welsh, no one can understand them 🤔

North America; basically, the USA & Canada. Mexico is technically in North America, but I doubt many Mexicans are very familiar with MadGyver.

Comment

Next time I'm over in the US, I'll have to try and fit it in to a conversation, McGyver, I'll remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyler View Post
            Next time I'm over in the US, I'll have to try and fit it in to a conversation, McGyver, I'll remember that.
            Yeah, All you have to do is talk about something you bodged and, instead of saying, "I had to bodge it" just say, "I had to MacGyver it".

Comment

"to MacGyver something" is even in Germany a way to replace the word tinkering.

Comment

In North America, it's that & more. It's putting things together, or modifying them to solve a real problem.

Comment

So now I learned what a "bodge" is. What a clever bunch you are.

Comment

So now that I know what a bodge is can any of you eclectics tell me (totally unrelated to 3d printing) why my bluetooth speaker is only happy on the right side of my 2011 vintage macbook pro. I charge it on the left side and it works for awhile then it starts having hesitations. Which I suspect is when it is fully charged. I put it on the right side and no problem, I have tried it on the left unplugged but it will work well for awhile and then start the hesitation nonsense again. Put it on the right side and it works.

Comment

Well, BlueTooth is a mostly line-of-sight radio technology. It's also fairly short wavelength, which means it can't penetrate very well. It could be that the BT transmitter in you laptop is on the right side. When you put the speaker on the left, the signal could be in a position where the body of the laptop is in the way of the radio waves. Try putting the speaker about a foot directly behind the screen, as a test more than anything.

Comment

I will play with it. Supposedly It should pick up a straight line signal up to 30 or 40 feet. It was better when I first got it but now at least it is better than the tinny under volume speakers in my old Macbook Pro.

Comment

Working...
                        X