Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Post: Prints Quality Tuning

Hello all,

Given this is my 1st post here, I thought I'd better provide some background before staring asking questions.

I'm a 3d printing newbie, got my 1st printer (Creality Ender 6) about 1.5 month ago. I believe I managed to set up the hardware and basic software (OctoPrint, Cura, etc) properly and am getting and OK prints but there are some defects I'd like to get rid of.

Given the DrVax' videos seem to be the most informative, well presented and relevant to my set up, I'd like to show some photos of said defects and get an opinion on how to improve.

Please let me know if it is OK to do.

Thanks. Alex.

Sure it's OK. It's not OK to make me jealous by having an Ender 6 😡....... I'm kidding of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex101 View Post

Please let me know if it is OK to do.
      That is why the forum exits.

Comment

Originally posted by Geit View Post

That is why the forum exits.
        Sometimes, your typos are hilarious, and this 1 is especially so: "exits" instead of "exists".

Comment

• Geit
          Geit commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn!

And I need to add text, even damn, exists or the forum blames me for not using enough characters.

• roon4660
          roon4660 commented
          Editing a comment
          I personally am impressed by Geit's use of the English language. He could easily convince me in text that he was an anglo of some sort.

OK, thanks. So far my biggest puzzle is that I'm getting some sort of horizontal seam/line any time the geometry is changed. E.g. as you can see in the photos, it is more or less even until that line which looks like one "step" wider appears where the holes are or where L-shape starts. Would welcome any clues on how to fix that. Thanks

Comment

Have you printed a set of 1-layer squares to check nozzle height?

Comment

Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
            Have you printed a set of 1-layer squares to check nozzle height?
            Never heard of this one... I use BLTouch and set my Z-offset so 1st layerd look good. Never heard of the test you've mentioned.

Comment

I think this 1 explains it well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZRY6kunAvs

And, of course, let's not forget Dr. Vax's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOxUrP2wOjA

Comment

That test produced good 1st layers, don't think z offset is a problem...Any other clues? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X