Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter in print

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to create a letter in the print intended as a watermark?
    I use the last edition of Cura.

The letter "C" is equal to the surface.

Thanks in advance

Not sure if it will help but, a few days ago, I watched a video by Kevin Kennedy of productdesignonline.com showing how to use Autodesk Fusion 360 to create a rubber stamp with text on it. In his series of videos, he stresses the importance of having designs fully constrained. Perhaps your isn't.
    Last edited by Ender5r; 06-12-2020, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Unless you recess it, that is probably about all you can do unless you have a dual extruder and make it a different color. Seems you are using a huge nozzle or else have something else going on as your extrusion lines are really far apart. Maybe fixing that would make the C look better?

If you want it embedded or embossed I just use 3D Builder that comes with Windows 10 - REALLY easy to add a letter/phrase to an object. Same with Tinkercad.

Comment

Originally posted by StumblingBumblingIdiot View Post
        I just use 3D Builder that comes with Windows 10 - REALLY easy to add a letter/phrase to an object.
        Win10 has a 3D design/print app? I'm going to have to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by StumblingBumblingIdiot View Post
          Unless you recess it, that is probably about all you can do unless you have a dual extruder and make it a different color. Seems you are using a huge nozzle or else have something else going on as your extrusion lines are really far apart. Maybe fixing that would make the C look better?

If you want it embedded or embossed I just use 3D Builder that comes with Windows 10 - REALLY easy to add a letter/phrase to an object. Same with Tinkercad.
          Thanks for the comment,
          I did not print this myself, but I agree with you in line spacing. I'm going to try to put it together and see if I can get a letter out.

Comment

As a complete amateur to 3d design if I wanted to put a C on an existing stl file I would import it to tinkercad where it is quite easy to either indent it or emboss it. You can even convert any graphics file to an svg file and import that. I convert mine here https://www.online-convert.com/

Comment

tinkercad.com

Comment

Originally posted by roon4660 View Post
                tinkercad.com
                Thanks for the answer, I will try thinkercad

Comment

I think it's a great place for people like me who don't understand 3d design. You are welcome. There are youtube tutorials all over the place on tinkercad.

Comment

Working...
                  X