• Show
Clear All

• Ender 5 lithophane mystery

Click image for larger version

Name:	received_270940597675838.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	5842Hi all
    iam facing a problem in printing lithophane always it turns to under extrusion ONLY in one side of the print.
    I am using ender 5, calibrated XYZ and E with TLsmoother on XY and E. The machine is very sharp in everything I print like Cal cubes and all torture test's but when it comes to litho It always act stupid with no reason.
    Here's some pictures to analyse

*Materialla+
    *Noz temp 210
    *noz dia 0.4
    *line width 0.4,0.38
    *Bed tmp 60-50
    *Brim
    *Printing spd 42
    *Retract yes 5
    *6 wall -0 infill / 2wall -100% infill / 2wall-99%infill ( tried all this combinations)
    *Optimise wall printing order YES
    Cura 4.5/4.6/4.7.1 (4.5 gives the better result to compare with other versions but still had the same problem)

Also there's a picture from what does it look like from behind Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201103_184422.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	5841 Click image for larger version

Name:	received_270940597675838.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	5844 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201107_233250.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	5843

Thanks for the photos -- they always help. But, more details please. When you say "side" what do you mean: the front, the back, 1 end? Perhaps a photo of the entire litho from a few angles?

Comment

Thank u ender5r
      I meant the entire side of the litho front , back surface and body.
      Zoom in the top view picture u will see the back wall has dot like extrusion (this thing only happens in one end/side of litho print) (only with litho)

Comment

How are you producing your litho stl file? (Program?-website?) What is your slicer? Have you considered heat creep? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azm1c55JOxk This is the best description of heat creep that I have found on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by roon4660 View Post
          How are you producing your litho stl file? (Program?-website?) What is your slicer? Have you considered heat creep? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azm1c55JOxk This is the best description of heat creep that I have found on the internet.
          I've been using 4 engine for creating the so (cura 4.7.1, 3drocks, lithophabesnaker and its litho)
          then I slice the file using cura (honestly usually it's message me with manifold issue) I used to fix this with mish fixer plug in that available in cura (didn't try the auto desk mish fixed yet).
          My cooling fan is original and I did many long prints with no issue at all.

Comment

By the way, I wasted 2 1kg spools for tons of failed 30% complete for the same litho picture for 2 months.

Comment

I can say that I have often received the "not manifold" message from Cura. I can also say it doesn't seem to have affected my prints. I can't say it never will but, so far so good.

Comment

What does 'not manifold mean? Is that a problem with the mesh?

Comment

What does 'not manifold mean? Is that a problem with the mesh?
                  AFAIK, yes, it indicates some mesh issue. Like I said, it hasn't caused a print problems for me so far.

Comment

Is Mesh Mixer the best program for repairing meshes?

Comment

Is Mesh Mixer the best program for repairing meshes?
                      Its been suggested from drvax him self in 2 months earlier video for mesh fixes

Comment

They all seem to repair meshes to a certain extent I just wondered about the best.

Comment

Working...
                        X