No announcement yet.

Maybe I'm getting this thing dialed in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe I'm getting this thing dialed in?

Now that I've upgraded the firmware on my Ender 5 Pro, and I'm getting reliably good prints, I decided it was time to try one of the torture tests that everyone seems to think is one of the toughest: the Twin Towers String Test. Here are the results:

Click image for larger version  Name:	StringTowers-overall-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.31 MB ID:	568
    Click image for larger version  Name:	StringTowers-closeup-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	599.6 KB ID:	570

Looking great.

Comment

Looks awesome. Do you mind sharing some of the settings you used ?
      layer heights, print speed, retraction?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	AdditionsTab.PNG
Views:	75
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	583Click image for larger version

Name:	ExtruderTab.PNG
Views:	66
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	584Click image for larger version

Name:	infill.PNG
Views:	64
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	585Click image for larger version

Name:	other.PNG
Views:	65
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	586Click image for larger version

Name:	LayerTab.PNG
Views:	62
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	587
        Here's the first 5 tabs...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	support.PNG
Views:	68
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	589Click image for larger version

Name:	scripts.PNG
Views:	60
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	590Click image for larger version

Name:	speeds.PNG
Views:	60
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	591Click image for larger version

Name:	temperature.PNG
Views:	63
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	592
          OK, I think that's all the tabs from Simplify3D. Hope it helps.

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

I am a new to 3D printing and still having many problems that I am trying to figure out over all. the bigest one is downloading files in the STL format and bring into cura 4.6.1 and then putting in the correct formation for the MP10 printer. Once I do that it dose not want to print on the 3D print for some reason. any suggestions

Comment

• Ender5r
                Ender5r commented
                Editing a comment
                I would start by going to DrVAX's Youtube channel. Look for his 3D Printing for Beginners. Start with that to get your printer set up properly. Trust me, setting up properly is the way to get going (I learned the hard way; took me 2 days). After that, move on to his other videos. You should be getting some decent prints fairly soon.

ps. don't forget to Like the videos.
                Last edited by Ender5r; 06-06-2020, 05:37 PM.

Originally posted by shocky47 View Post
              I am a new to 3D printing and still having many problems that I am trying to figure out over all. the bigest one is downloading files in the STL format and bring into cura 4.6.1 and then putting in the correct formation for the MP10 printer. Once I do that it dose not want to print on the 3D print for some reason. any suggestions
              It may be your SD card? Try a different one.

Try printing this default Cat that came with the ender 3.
              http://maximo.net.au/3D/ender3files/ cat3.5h.gcode (you can download by going to this link and right click Save As on the cat code)

If it prints, then you need to fix some Slicer settings (you may not have the correct printer setup.)
              If it doesnt print, then it is a hardware issue and you may need to troubleshoot the physical equipment first.

Comment

My printer is a MP10

Comment

• Maximo101
                  Maximo101 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have an Ender 3 Pro. Been printing for 2 weeks now so am also still learning so much about 3d printing

That’s impressive! Well done!

Comment

What material did you use? Can you try with PETG to see how it works?

Comment

• Ender5r
                    Ender5r commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Who are you asking? If it's me, I used PLA. I'm not yet ready to dial in PETG but, hopefully, soon.

Yes, you Ender5r . I asked because I find it quite difficult to get along with PETG, and very easy with PLA.

Comment

Leo Right now I'm trying to learn enough about Fusion 360 to design a better adapter to get direct drive on my Ender 5. I know there are lots of them out there but, so far, I'm not completely happy with any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
                      Leo Right now I'm trying to learn enough about Fusion 360 to design a better adapter to get direct drive on my Ender 5. I know there are lots of them out there but, so far, I'm not completely happy with any of them.
                      I don't think you need for DirectDrive.
                      See my post: https://forum.drvax.com/forum/3d-pri...ro-directdrive
                      I still haven't had time to put my idea into practice but I think it works.
                      Last edited by Leo; 06-11-2020, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• shocky47
                        shocky47 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        which do you think is better fusion 3d are 123AD

Originally posted by Leo View Post

I don't think you need for DirectDrive.
                      See my post: https://forum.drvax.com/forum/3d-pri...ro-directdrive
                      I still haven't had time to put my idea into practice but I think it works.
                      I like it. If I can find a piece of 2020 I might just try it for my setup. Besides, it would let me avoid having to design a new adapter for the existing mounting plate.

Comment

Working...
                      X