No announcement yet.

Silent 1.1.5 board does have an inbuilt bootloader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's certainly convenient. I'm too concerned about security to implement IoT devices. I guess I spent too many years doing IT security.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
      That's certainly convenient. I'm too concerned about security to implement IoT devices. I guess I spent too many years doing IT security.
      I am a Network and security IT tech for a large company were i live i know how to secure private networks. A hardware VPN device is a very good way to protect your network. Nobody gets into my network without me knowing about it first. I'll know about the attempt long before they get in and can take measures at that point to prevent it. As you know a very big part of protecting a network is detection.
      Last edited by Larry; 08-01-2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Absolutely! Detection is key. No doubt hardware VPN is a good sol'n. However, unless things have changed drastically, it's a bit pricey for most consumers.

I did once set up a hardware VPN for a telephone extension system. They were expanding, so they were moving a number of employees to a nearby building. My task was to find a way to connect those employees to the main corporate PBX. Eventually I did it by using several 128K ISDN lines. It was a bit tricky getting the VPN hardware to accept ISDN lines, but I managed to make it work. The employees could not tell they were not at the main building.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
          Absolutely! Detection is key. No doubt hardware VPN is a good sol'n. However, unless things have changed drastically, it's a bit pricey for most consumers.

I did once set up a hardware VPN for a telephone extension system. They were expanding, so they were moving a number of employees to a nearby building. My task was to find a way to connect those employees to the main corporate PBX. Eventually I did it by using several 128K ISDN lines. It was a bit tricky getting the VPN hardware to accept ISDN lines, but I managed to make it work. The employees could not tell they were not at the main building.
          Yes they can be expensive i have a sonicwall (about 400 U.S.) very nice VPN/firewall device. I have 1 gig fiber (up and down, unlimited data transfer)) here at home so i wanted good protection.

Comment

Working...
          X