Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironing for smooth surface

Hi all

Just tried using the ironing feature in Cura. Surface is like glass. Works really good.
    It does add a lot of time to the print.

Ironing feature????? Didn't even know there is such a thing!!!

Comment

Yeah, it is there in Cura for a long time. Basically the nozzle is driving slower above the top surface to melt it extruding just a tiny bit to fill gaps.

It works great, but due to the slow movement it takes a while to finish a print.

There is also the opposite option, to make a textured outer surface, eg to make handles more grippy.

Comment

What is the opposite option called?

Comment

It is called "Fuzzy skin". At least that was the name the last time I checked.

Funny thing. I tested the ironing stuff using the articulated butterfly DrVax was showing in his recent video.

Chep made a video on this options 1.5 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh5wC4Ti95s
          Last edited by Geit; 10-25-2020, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Confirmed: it is called Fuzzy Skin. So we have Ironing & Fuzzy. The next thing will be Fuzzy Ironing.... oh wait, I guess would be 'normal' mode

Comment

• Geit
              Geit commented
              Editing a comment
              You noticed the video link I added, right?

• Ender5r
              Ender5r commented
              Editing a comment
              Notced it, yes. Watched it, not yet.

• Ender5r
              Ender5r commented
              Editing a comment
              Now I've watched it. Interesting.

Ironing is a nice feature that should be advertised more, imho. PrusaSlicer 2.3.0 (still in alpha) is implementing an improved version--along with paint on supports and paint-on z-seam alignment--that might make me switch! For more information, see: https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/releases.

Cheers

Comment

Well, ironing has to do with the shiny smoothing of the surface and Fuzzy skin has to do with the surface roughness. See the attached pics as they shows the explanation for each command!!
              Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

Comment

Working...
              X