Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A "dead" gift wanted to come back alive....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "dead" gift wanted to come back alive....

A week ago, a friend of mine gave me a " dead" gift ( that is how he called it ). It is a TRONXY SA5 ( if i recall correctly ) Core XY printer. Because of malfunction in bob, he couldn't make a successful print.
    The first thing i've noticed was the belt system alignment and tension. AWFULLY designed. I don't want to talk about the belt or bearings quality, but i thing you got the point.
    I start re design the whole thing from the beginning. Yesterday i ordered a DUET WiFi bob with a 5" touch screen. The original bob is a CHITU board loaded with a locked Marlin fw.
    Steppers are 1.4A , strong enough and working well. Z linear system is good. X and Y need to be re design ( the easy part of the total rebuilding ) plus an easy hotend maintenance system.
    In the photos is shown the SKR V1.3 board i had as a spare, but couldn't load Marlin FW because of compiling issues.
    The green bob shown on the right bottom is the original board.
    On the photos are shown the belt alignment and the "tension" system.
    Well, its a WIP........
    Continues
    Attached Files
    Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

I'm wondering why you believe the X and Y need redesigning. I thought the idea of Core XY is that it moves the hotend(s) more smoothly and quickly.

And, what exactly is a "bob"?

Comment

Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
      I'm wondering why you believe the X and Y need redesigning. I thought the idea of Core XY is that it moves the hotend(s) more smoothly and quickly.

And, what exactly is a "bob"?
      Redesign to eliminate the misalignment. BOB is the Break out board,

Comment

Originally posted by Vassili Finellis View Post

Redesign to eliminate the misalignment. BOB is the Break out board,
        So, by BOB do you mean the board in the LCD display?

I thought, on a Core XY printer, that the 2 sets of belts are supposed to be at different heights, to prevent them from running into each other. Please forgive my ignorant questions; I have only limited knowledge, and zero experience, with Core XY. Most of what I know I've learned from Geit .

Comment

Originally posted by Ender5r View Post

So, by BOB do you mean the board in the LCD display?

I thought, on a Core XY printer, that the 2 sets of belts are supposed to be at different heights, to prevent them from running into each other. Please forgive my ignorant questions; I have only limited knowledge, and zero experience, with Core XY. Most of what I know I've learned from Geit .
          BOB( Break out Board) is the controller board / Main board that controls the mechanical system. The board behind the LCD is called LCD driver board.
          Yes, CoreXY uses two belts ( one per axis ) and should be aligned properly with all pulleys vertical and horizontal. A small angle misalignment, will cause a belt break. Pulleys and bearings are also very critical . A cheap pulley with bearing can cause belt breakage also. Belts must be in a protective area too.
          To be continued......

Comment

BOB( Break out Board) is the controller board / Main board that controls the mechanical system. The board behind the LCD is called LCD driver board.
            Yes, CoreXY uses two belts ( one per axis ) and should be aligned properly with all pulleys vertical and horizontal. A small angle misalignment, will cause a belt break. Pulleys and bearings are also very critical . A cheap pulley with bearing can cause belt breakage also. Belts must be in a protective area too.
            To be continued......
            From the first look onto the pictures I see that they used metal embedded belts like on my TronXY. Those are crap like hell and only look good on paper. You can see the belt bending left and right on some images. Thats not a sign of bad adjustment, but a sign that the metal inside belt wanting to move to a position is was static for a long time.

Use fiber core belts. Metal belts have issues to go around corners and tend to cause massive vibrations as they cannot bend as - especially on a XY printer - the metal core is preventing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Geit View Post

From the first look onto the pictures I see that they used metal embedded belts like on my TronXY. Those are crap like hell and only look good on paper. You can see the belt bending left and right on some images. Thats not a sign of bad adjustment, but a sign that the metal inside belt wanting to move to a position is was static for a long time.

Use fiber core belts. Metal belts have issues to go around corners and tend to cause massive vibrations as they cannot bend as - especially on a XY printer - the metal core is preventing it.
              Cheap just to sell out ! PowerGrip offers the best belt drive systems. A wider such as 9mm will do the job for good! Fiber core is the best! TronXY uses small diameter pulleys and this causes the belt to bend or to move in smaller diameter and increase temperature.

Comment

Cheap just to sell out ! PowerGrip offers the best belt drive systems. A wider such as 9mm will do the job for good! Fiber core is the best! TronXY uses small diameter pulleys and this causes the belt to bend or to move in smaller diameter and increase temperature.
                I use fiber enhanced belts on my GeitPrinter. The belt was quite cheap. My printer needs a little more than 5m or belt, so I needed to find a company not only selling 5m pieces for me to buy twice and cut both.

Comment

https://www.gates.com/kr/en/power-tr...00-000000.html
                  If you call them,i think they will cover your demands.

Comment

Well, I found some as may printer is in operating shape since then. Today I got my longer ptfe tubing and retractable key ring holders (Idea provided by irvshapiro . I hope this fixes the ptfe/cable positioning/guiding issues I have.

Comment

retractable key ring ???

Comment

Do you mean this? https://www.bondtech.se/en/product/m...fit-connector/

Comment

LOL, no I meant a retracting key ring for your key chain like DrVax used in one of his prior videos.

https://www.amazon.de/s?k=retractable+keychain

Comment

LOL, i got it!

Comment

My first printer is a X5S-400 and it kinda worked out of the box. Took me a long time to finally figure out that it had a bad X stepper. When I pulled it, there was 'grit' inside and it was binding the rotor. Anyhow, other than that and operator error, it has been a great printer. Being an early version, yes I have upgraded the bearing system by replacing the bearings and using 3D printed 'tires' that turned them into properly shaped pulleys.
                              Presently we are replacing the control board so we can implement new features the existing board does not have memory enough for. Also it does not have a boot loader and is 8 bit. So a new BTT V1.4 is slated to go into it.

Country
                              Country Bubba

Comment

Working...
                              X