Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sovol SV01 printed great, until it didn't

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sovol SV01 printed great, until it didn't

    I got my Sovol SV01 dialed in to where it was printing almost perfectly. I was really happy with the way the Sovol preformed. AND THEN I got a nozzle clog. I switched the old nozzle for a new one and now I have leakage all over the hot end which left streaks, strings, and globs of plastic on the model. Yesterday, using a video I found on You Tube, I disassembled the hot end and replaced the teflon tube inside the hot end. I then brought the hot end up to 245C and tightened everything, including the nozzle up. Now, I not only have a leaking nozzle, but the hot end is under extruding while printing. By the way, the extruder flow rate is exactly 100mm when tested. I also re-leveled the bed.

    Not knowing what else to do, I have ordered this hot end. https://sovol3d.com/products/hot-end...d-0-4mm-nozzle to replace the old hot end if necessary. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get things back to normal? Maybe swapping out the hot ends will solve the leaking problem, but what can I do about the under extruding?


  • #2
    This has been covered on this board in several threads. Here is 1 post I made: https://forum.drvax.com/forum/3d-pri...?p=743#post743

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks.... I looked for posts on this subject, but must have missed it.

      Comment


      • #4
        There are a couple of problems, for me, in the post that Ender5r mentioned. First, my Sovol SV01 has direct drive hot end. Filament feeds directly into top of extruder without Bowden Tube. It does have a short teflon tube inside the hot end that runs from near the top of the hot end thru the heat brake to the nozzle. I will have to take things apart to see if top of the teflon tube is blocked from coming out the top of the extruder. If so, maybe I can cut a new tube a little bit longer and us the above method of keeping the nozzle 1 turn loose and then tightening the nozzle after things are pit back togather.

        I am still looking for suggestions on what to do about the under extrusion problem.

        Comment


        • #5
          Perhaps you could do what I do on a bowden extruder. Put a piece of capricon tubing to replace the white stuff.

          Comment


          • #6
            Replacing the white Teflon tubing with hi-temp Capricorn is a great idea. The other thing is that it may be possible for you to use a spare piece of tubing to push down on the top of the tubing in the hotend tip.

            I suspect good closeup photos of your hotend/extruder in various stages of disassembly might help us figure out a way to fix the issue.

            Comment


            • #7
              You are a treasure Mr. Ender.

              Comment


              • #8
                Expect more information and photos tomorrow. I don't feel like messing with it tonight.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
                  Replacing the white Teflon tubing with hi-temp Capricorn is a great idea. The other thing is that it may be possible for you to use a spare piece of tubing to push down on the top of the tubing in the hotend tip.

                  I suspect good closeup photos of your hotend/extruder in various stages of disassembly might help us figure out a way to fix the issue.
                  Usually the small PTFE tube is Φ 3mm and the throat can't accept a Φ 4mm tube. Would be so SUPER if Capricorn could provide Φ 3mm PTFE tubes as well! BTOH the plain 3mm tube handles up to 230 degrees easy! If the temperature exceeds 230 deg , then you have to change it every 5 long prints.......
                  Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think I just solved a bizarre problem that has plagued me for a long time. I bought some new connectors for the bowden tube to the hot end on my ender 3 pro. We will see but I think it will not give me the corkscrew log jam that I have been getting for months now. My bowden tube actually broke apart inside the crummy fitting and I highly suspect that was what was causing the problem.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Might work too!!! It really important to stay the tube stable in the connectors!
                      Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm just wondering why it broke but it does move around a lot. And the connector I had was not working properly, I coulsn't remobe it from the bowden tube any more. It was jammed.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Cheap crap! I buy several replacements from Bondtech as well! High quallity brand! Check it!
                          Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I shall make note of it for next time.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              https://www.bondtech.se/en/product-c...-parts/page/2/
                              Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X