Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem setting up my ender 3 vw with bltouch

Hi all,

I have a problem when I setting up my bltouch on my ender 3 v2. I'm following DrVax video made couple weeks ago. I downloaded and flash successfully my pritee with the latest firmware from Smith3d (v2.0.x.10). My printer starts normally. When I do the AUX levelling, the printer goes to the bottom left corner and then to the center. It goes up, the probe goes up and down couple times and then I can select a corner on the screen to setup the z.
    My problem happened at this point. When I select one corner, nothing happened. The nozzle doesn't move at all. The bltouch has a red light on it and the probe is down.

I check and double checked the connections. White at the top and brown at the bottom...

I have another question. I'm not using the same mount as the video showed, so how can I change the x and y offset.

Unfortunately, the X and Y offsets are set in the firmware. Most people recompile the firmware to change them. An alternative way is to connect a terminal via the USB and add use GCODE commands to change the offsets. Here is a link to the description of the commands in the Marlin documentation:

https://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M851.html

If you recompile the firmware you will lose the custom Smith3d code which I think is quite nice.

Did the probe touch the bed when it was setting the home position. It is possible it is too high with the bracket you are using.

Comment

Working...
    X