• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a Creality Ender 3 V2, and I am interested in BL Touch

I like this package:

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Leve...MHSkot9gGf7v44

I found from this link:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=bltouch&l...f=nb_sb_noss_1

but I don't think It will work. Anyone know of an alternative?

Thanks

Did you check the video?

The notes below the video give links to any required resources to make the conversion

Comment

The second link is from the video. I've asked around, and was told the package (first link, from the second link) wouldn't work.

Do you know of a package like the one I linked that has a compatible BL Touch?

Thanks

Comment

Geit, I haven't watched that video, and don't have time ATM: does Irv specify exactly which BL Touch option he used in the video, cause his link just links to a general list of BL Touch options.

Comment

The Smith3d firmware supports the version 3.1 BLTouch from ANTCLABS.

Here is an affiliate link to one with a 1-meter extension cable. I found this cable long enough but some people think it would be better to have a longer cable:

https://amzn.to/33RDEaZ

Comment

Originally posted by irvshapiro View Post
            The Smith3d firmware supports the version 3.1 BLTouch from ANTCLABS.

Here is an affiliate link to one with a 1-meter extension cable. I found this cable long enough but some people think it would be better to have a longer cable:

https://amzn.to/33RDEaZ
            Thank you very much, Mr. Shapiro. Do you have a package or list of links for your recommended upgrades?

Comment

The links are in the description of the YouTube video:

Comment

I meant upgrades in general, sorry.

Comment

I am leaving this Ender 3 V2 stock with the exception of the BLTouch and putting BuildTak on top of the glass bed.

Comment

Thanks for your time and this forum. I really enjoy your YouTube videos.

Comment

Update:

I just recieved the BL Touch, and installed it today. I had Mr. Shapiro's installation video playing, and I i installed it easily.

Thank you, Mr. Shapiro!

Comment

For my edification what is the advantage of adding the BL touch? I am quite content to level my ender 3 pro manually.

Comment

Originally posted by roon4660 View Post
                          For my edification what is the advantage of adding the BL touch? I am quite content to level my ender 3 pro manually.
                          It is only useful when you often change your print surface (and thickness) or when you have a bend print surface.

With a perfectly flat print surface there is no real reason for a BL touch. You still need to configure your z offset, anyway.

Beside that, it is just for lazy people not willing to level the bed by hand. I donĀ“t have a z sensor on any of my printers. Just a static switch I can adjust in height to change the global z offset without the need of using the printers firmware.
                          Last edited by Geit; 10-02-2020, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Good I didn't feel that it would be worth the time and the money to install.

Comment

Despite having a glass bed, I see the z-axis raising and lowering as it's printing.

Comment

Working...
                              X