Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everyone just wanted to show off some upgrades.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone just wanted to show off some upgrades.

So the title says it all...
    I have 4 led stripsim want to clip onto the glass bed so that the light from them shine into the edge of the glass I've looked around thingiverse for similar ideas and clip but found known that would work so I gonna design the clips myself wish me luck lol, what's your thought on that idea has anyone tried it before?
    Also I have my new extruder now so I will be switching from boden to direct drive with an EZR extruder setup currently printing the mount for it using petg filament, want to upgrade the hot end next, and then onto the mainboard.
    I'm interested in finding a solution that's free open source to recording my prints as well as monitoring them while I am away via cell phone and a wifi type cam I know it wont be completely free still have to buy the cam and what ever other devices to send over wifi.

Check out Astroprint and also Octoprint options. Both will require a Raspberry Pi.

Comment

@irvshapiro is there no fee for using either of them I was under the impression that they were pay to use?

Comment

• irvshapiro
        irvshapiro commented
        Editing a comment
        Octoprint is completely free. Some of the plugins have a fee some are free. Astropint has free and paid options.

I am looking for a model of the mounting plate for the EZR struder to direct drive setup any solutions I found one on thingiverse but not sure why but the plate that goes between the stepper and extruder seamed to be ultra thin and broke, I guess i need to not be so lazy and just fab one up

Comment

Try out the Wyze cam, it works off WiFi, once you purchase the cam there is nothing else you need to buy and the service is free, I use them for print monitoring and for home security and can access it from anywhere using my smart phone
        .https://www.amazon.com/Wyze-Indoor-W...5-4be35d7258cc

Comment

• irvshapiro
          irvshapiro commented
          Editing a comment
          great idea

• irvshapiro
          irvshapiro commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow these are inexpensive. The challenge is always monitoring from outside of your home network. I have not dug into the software options so I do not know if this is easily possible. Today I use a webcam on Octoprint with https://app.thespaghettidetective.com/ent/pricing/. Free for one printer but does cost a few bucks if you have a lot of printers to monitor.

Thanks I just purchased one just what I was wanting

Comment

I just got my ender 3 a few days ago (3d printing is complete new to me!), i put in the stiffer springs, I am waiting on the aluminum extruder, upgraded couplings and capricorn bowden tube to arrive from amazon. I am still going through the calibration phase and i am using an old smart phone running IP Webcam app to monitor, so it doubles as an IP cam i can watch through TinyCam app (which i already use to monitor my other cameras), and that can be run in the background while the smart phone is running a timelapse app too.

Comment

• irvshapiro
            irvshapiro commented
            Editing a comment
            Good stuff.

• Ender5r
            Ender5r commented
            Editing a comment
            This is interesting. I will have to look into IP Webcam and TinyCam.

Nice job on the upgrades I have yet to do an upgrade as of yet I do have the upgrade items just not installed them yet still waiting on the mounting bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Maximo101 View Post
            I just got my ender 3 a few days ago (3d printing is complete new to me!), i put in the stiffer springs, I am waiting on the aluminum extruder, upgraded couplings and capricorn bowden tube to arrive from amazon. I am still going through the calibration phase and i am using an old smart phone running IP Webcam app to monitor, so it doubles as an IP cam i can watch through TinyCam app (which i already use to monitor my other cameras), and that can be run in the background while the smart phone is running a timelapse app too.
            Great idea! What did you use to mount the smart phone?

Comment

Originally posted by Hal in TN View Post

Great idea! What did you use to mount the smart phone?
              It's an metal Desk phone holder I already had, purchased off eBay

My other upgrades arrived but not installed yet. (capricorn Bowden tube, aluminum extruder & upgraded couplings.)
              Glass bed now installed (which is giving me layer shifts due to weight)

Comment

Originally posted by Maximo101 View Post

It's an metal Desk phone holder I already had, purchased off eBay

My other upgrades arrived but not installed yet. (capricorn Bowden tube, aluminum extruder & upgraded couplings.)
                Glass bed now installed (which is giving me layer shifts due to weight)
                Thanks... I just found out that my "better half" donated our old smart phones so it's off to buy a web cam on Amazon.

Comment

• Ender5r
                  Ender5r commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ha! My better half learned a long time ago the folly of giving tech stuff away without me knowing. By that, I mean I sulked for a week

well I'm back again with more upgrades I just got finished with the initial install of the SKR1.4 and man HUGE!!! difference in performance like with out doing any kind of tweeks to slicer settings at all I am getting zero strings faster speed capability at the same time as still being quieter than the stock CR10 at normal speed.
                YouTube Video of me troubleshooting a what appears to be glitch
                YouTube video of me calibration test print dog printing at 590% speed and 80% flow rate
                Last edited by Buzz1971; 07-14-2020, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz1971 View Post
                  well I'm back again with more upgrades I just got finished with the initial install of the SKR1.4 and man HUGE!!! difference in performance like with out doing any kind of tweeks to slicer settings at all I am getting zero strings faster speed capability at the same time as still being quieter than the stock CR10 at normal speed.
                  YouTube Video of me troubleshooting a what appears to be glitch
                  YouTube video of me calibration test print dog printing at 590% speed and 80% flow rate
                  Sorry, whatever the 'glitch' is, I missed it. Impressive speed on the dog. What was to total print time?

Comment

Originally posted by Ender5r View Post

Impressive speed on the dog. What was to total print time?
                    Seems like it was 30 minutes give or take a few minutes and I have no clue what the cura slicer settings was just thought I'd throw it on there to see the print. I do know that the last time I tried to print that same model it did not work ciuld not get to stick to bed even with the tape.
                    Last edited by Buzz1971; 07-15-2020, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Ender5r
                      Ender5r commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My experience, as little as it is, is that bed temp & 1st layer speed are the most critical to bed adhesion. The surface matters too, of course. I made a mistake this morning, in fact, where I was trying to print PETG and didn't notice until after 3 aborted prints that the g-code file was setting the nozzle to 200C and the bed to 50C, when it should have been 240C and 80C. Once I re-sliced with the correct settings, things started printing much better. In fact, a 12 hour print is going right now, 2 hours in so far.
                  Working...
                  X